[All] Fwd: [biostandards] FYI: EMBL–Wellcome Genome Campus Conference - Target Validation Using Genomics and Informatics - 8 - 10 December 2019

Cath Brooksbank cath at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Aug 27 15:11:16 BST 2019

EMBL–WELLCOME GENOME CAMPUS CONFERENCE: Target Validation Using Genomics and Informatics

Register now👉 https://www.embl.de/training/events/2019/TAR19-01/index.html <https://www.embl.de/training/events/2019/TAR19-01/index.html>
In association with Wellcome Genome Campus, we are pleased to announce the annual conference on Target Validation using Genomics and Informatics.

In the past few years, exceptional progress has been made in making available thousands of DNA variants that are robustly associated with clinically relevant human traits.  This is providing a rich source of molecular points for drug discovery and a deeper understanding of human biology. This meeting will highlight advances in the use of high-throughput methods and functional validation techniques that can influence the selection of new drug targets and the development of precision medicine. We will discuss the progress and challenges of using gene editing (e.g. CRISPR) in human cells to develop validation approaches. The programme will also present recent advances in visualisation techniques, computational tools and new platforms that provide data integration and can enhance the user experience.

This meeting will bring together researchers based in academia and industry to focus on the opportunities and challenges for genomics in drug discovery. Multi-omics (e.g. genomics, proteomics, transcriptomics), epidemiology, molecular biology and computational approaches will be covered, focusing on the contributions of these methods to target validation.

Visit www.embl.org/events <http://www.embl.org/events> for a list of all EMBL events and subscribe to our newsletter at www.embl.org/events/newsletter <http://www.embl.org/events/newsletter>/signup.

With kind regards,
Maria

Maria Mercedes Bacadare Goitia
Course and Conference Officer

European Molecular Biology Laboratory
Course and Conference Office
Meyerhofstr. 1
D-69117 Heidelberg
Germany

Tel: +49 6221 387 8724
Fax: +49 6221 387 8158

Visit www.embl.org/events <http://www.embl.org/events> for a list of all EMBL events and subscribe to our newsletter at www.embl.org/events/newsletter/signup <http://www.embl.org/events/newsletter/signup>.

Follow us on Twitter  <https://twitter.com/EMBLEvents>@EMBLEvents or visit our Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/EMBLEvents/> page to stay up to date with all of our events!

Please find more information on how we process your personal data in our Privacy Notice: