[All] Upcoming opportunities to help make science fairer and more open

Kornelia Korzec k.korzec at elifesciences.org
Tue Jun 4 13:29:09 BST 2019

Dear Colleague,

I'm getting in touch to let you know about two opportunities we've got at
eLife: our Innovation Sprint (the will take place in September but the
applications close this week), and a call for applications for new members
to the eLife Early-Career Advisory Group (ECAG).

*Application is now open for this year’s eLife Innovation Sprint*. We
invite developers, designers, researchers and all open-science enthusiasts
to Cambridge, UK in September to drive forward open research. Please visit
our website to find out more at
https://elifesciences.org/labs/16141815/apply-now-for-the-elife-innovation-sprint-2019
.

*The ECAG* influences and supports eLife’s work to catalyse broad reform in
the evaluation and communication of science. In particular, they represent
the needs and aspirations of researchers at the early stages in their
careers for a research culture that is healthy for science and for
scientists. This year *we have six vacancies for talented graduate
students, medical students, postdocs and junior PIs. Applications close on
June 12*. You can find out more and apply at
https://elifesciences.org/inside-elife/976f081e/early-career-advisory-group-applications-open-to-join-in-2019

We are very keen to see researchers from Latin America participating in
both those initiatives, so please consider applying, and don't hesitate to
forward the invitations to colleagues who might be interested, and to
relevant networks you're involved in.

Let me know if you have any questions.

With best wishes,
Kora

--

Kora Korzec
Community Manager

+44 1223 855374

http://elifesciences.org

--
eLife Sciences Publications, Ltd is a limited liability non-profit
non-stock corporation incorporated in the State of Delaware, USA, with