[All] SARS-CoV-2 virtual CABANA training workshop in December 2020

Piraveen Gopalasingam piv at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Oct 16 17:14:22 BST 2020

**

*Dear all,*

*

We are pleased to announce applications are open for a virtual CABANA
training workshop in December 2020.

*Scientists from underrepresented ethnic and gender groups are
especially encouraged to apply for this workshop.*

Title:Applied bioinformatics, molecular epidemiology, and the SARS-CoV-2
Pandemic

Venue:Virtual

Dates:1-4 December 2020

Deadline for Applications: Monday 16th November

**

Registration fee:Free

Registration Link:https://forms.gle/wmFCeN7h4ambdCKL7

Overview

This workshop will provide training on the use of bioinformatic tools
for the design and analysis of research and diagnostic molecular assays.
Trainees will receive training on viral genome assembly, comparative
viral genomics and downstream applications of this data in research and
applied contexts. Trainers will focus practical sessions on the analysis
of Illumina SARS-CoV-2 sequences.

Target Audience

This course is suitable for postgraduate (MSc-level and above)
scientists within Latin America (excluding Chile and Uruguay) who are
working with or generating genomic datasets related to SARS-CoV-2.
Ideally, trainees will be working in the field of virology, and
performing sequencing and/or analysing viral sequences, especially those
within the coronaviridaefamily. We welcome applications from
universities, research centres, hospitals, public health, and private
laboratories.

Please note this course will be taught in English, however the trainers
are fluent in either Spanish or Portuguese and can offer language
support where feasible. Attendance priority will be given to those who
have not attended a CABANA event yet.

For more information regarding this course, please use the following
link:
https://www.ebi.ac.uk/training/events/2020/cabana-workshop-applied-bioinformatics-molecular-epidemiology-and-sars-cov-2-pandemic

Please also forward this call through your networks and local
bioinformatics hubs.

We wish you the best with your applications,

Kind regards

Guilherme Oliveira & Piv Gopalasingam, on behalf of the CABANA Consortium

*

--
Dr. Piv Gopalasingam AFHEA, BSc(Hons)
Scientific Training Officer