[All] Third CABANA call for Secondments OPEN

Ian Willis ian at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Feb 8 17:08:27 GMT 2021

Dear Colleagues,
A reminder that the deadline for the CABANA call for secondments is Friday 12th February . The Online form is simple to access and complete. The links to the website, project information and application form are below.

https://cabana.online/research-secondments/current-call <https://cabana.online/research-secondments/current-call>
https://cabana.online/es/research-secondments/convocatoria-actual <https://cabana.online/es/research-secondments/convocatoria-actual>

Could you please share the secondment call on your networks. Please feel free to contact me if you intend to apply and have any questions.

Due to current travel restriction it is likely that part of the secondment will be conducted remotely with online support from your host and possible mentoring from a scientist at EMBL-EBI and a former CABANA secondee as well.

We are adapting the secondments to shifting travel and employment guidelines. Secondees should not be distracted from applying in this new reality! CABANA will provide support, opportunities for future visits and on site research, as well as access to conferences. Most importantly secondees will be connecting with an extraordinary community of bioinformaticians for the long term. All applicants are therefore requested to discuss with their potential host supervisor how the project could be implemented virtually. More information regarding Hosts and projects is available on the website.

Yours sincerely,

Ian Willis
Cabana Project Manager
Wellcome Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SD, UK
+44 (0)1223 492658

Cabana.online <http://cabana.online/> | www.ebi.ac.uk/training <http://www.ebi.ac.uk/training> | Have you seen our webinars? <http://www.ebi.ac.uk/training/webinars>

CABANA aims to accelerate the implementation of data-driven biology in  Latin America by creating a sustainable capacity-building programme
focusing on three challenge areas – communicable disease, sustainable food production and protection of biodiversity.