[All] Deadline approaching for proceedings submissions to ISMB

Cath Brooksbank cath at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Jan 12 15:43:32 GMT 2021

Dear all

I am writing to encourage submissions from the Bioinformatics Education Community to the 2021 Intelligent Systems for Molecular Biology (ISMB), the premiere international meeting for computational biology and bioinformatics, to be held July 25-29, 2021.  As in the past few years, we will have a full 1.5 day program devoted to bioinformatics education hosted by the ISCB Education COSI.  Past programs have been an exciting opportunity for our community to get together as a group and share our experiences as a community and we expect 2021 to be no exception...

We welcome submissions of full papers (accepted papers will appear in the ISMB Proceedings special issue of Bioinformatics) and of short abstracts for platform talks and/or posters.  Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
new strategies for teaching, learning, or assessment
advances in educational technologies or resources and their use
experiences with developing or implementing bioinformatics education and training
bioinformatics education and training at all levels, from pre-college education programs to training of experienced practitioners
bioinformatics education and training at scales from short courses, to complete semester/year course, and to full degree programs

Please note the following key dates:

Proceedings Submission Deadline: Thursday, January 28, 2021
Abstracts Submission Deadline: Thursday, May 6, 2021
Late Posters Submissions Deadline: Thursday, June 3, 2021

Please see https://www.iscb.org/ismbeccb2021 <https://www.iscb.org/ismbeccb2021> for more detail.  We hope many of you will submit work and even more will join for the meeting.

  Sincerely,
  Russell Schwartz
  on behalf of the ISCB Education COSI