[All] Fwd: January, February, and March 2021: Upcoming courses and conferences deadlines and news

Cath Brooksbank cath at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Jan 14 11:54:28 GMT 2021

Upcoming Deadlines: Jan, Feb, Mar 2021 | Longitudinal Studies |  | Genomics of Rare Disease | Ancient Biomolecules of Plants, Animals, and Microbes | Immunogenomics of Disease |

View in a browser <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-F736955BED575677UWSF298FD295EAE92AD06/cr.aspx>
 <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFOZJ-1/c.aspx>

Coming up
January, February, March 2021 deadlines
 <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFOZK-1/c.aspx>	 <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFOZL-1/c.aspx>	 <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFOZM-1/c.aspx>	 <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFOZN-1/c.aspx>	 <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFOZO-1/c.aspx>
Conferences <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFOZP-1/c.aspx>
Courses <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFOZQ-1/c.aspx>
Overseas courses <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFOZR-1/c.aspx>
Online courses <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFOZS-1/c.aspx>

Upcoming deadlines in Jan, Feb, and Mar 2021

 <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFURU-1/c.aspx>

Abstract deadline 26 January
 <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFOZU-1/c.aspx>Longitudinal Studies <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFURV-1/c.aspx> <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFOZU-1/c.aspx>
Virtual Conference | 09-12 March 2021
The programme will showcase new findings, methods and technologies, contemporary approaches and translational opportunities within and across cohort studies in high, middle and low income countries. This year’s meeting will also explore LPS solutions to the Covid-19 pandemic.

Full details
 <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFURW-1/c.aspx>

 <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFUR4-1/c.aspx>

Abstract deadline 26 January
Genomics of Rare Disease <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFUR5-1/c.aspx>
Virtual Conference | 22-24 March 2021
This conference provides an excellent multi-disciplinary forum for clinicians (consultants and trainees), research and clinical scientists, bioinformaticians and technology developers interested in understanding the impact of recent advances in genomics and technology on the care of patients with rare diseases.

Full details
 <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFUR6-1/c.aspx>

 <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFUSY-1/c.aspx>

Abstract deadline 02 February
Ancient Biomolecules of Plants,
Animals, and Microbes <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFUSR-1/c.aspx>
Virtual Conference | 29-31 March 2021

The conference aims at attracting scholars working on a diverse range of evolutionary topics including conservation, extinction, speciation, adaptation, and domestication. It will serve to inform the attendees about best practice and novel approaches to both data generation and analysis.

Full details
 <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFUSZ-1/c.aspx>

 <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFP00-1/c.aspx>

Register by 03 February
Immunogenomics of Disease: Accelerating to Patient Benefit <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFP01-1/c.aspx>
Virtual Conference | 10-12 February 2021

This conference aims to bring together scientists working in molecular immunology, functional genomics and immune-mediated disease genetics to showcase recent findings in the field of immunogenomics. It will also explore ways to implement the genetic discoveries to benefit patient health.

Full details
 <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFP02-1/c.aspx>

 <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PH6Q8-1/c.aspx>

Apply by 18 February
Fungal Pathogen Genomics <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PH6Q6-1/c.aspx>
Virtual Computational Course | 10-14 May 2021

Hands-on virtual training in web-based data-mining resources for fungal genomes

Full details
 <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PH6Q7-1/c.aspx>

Other deadlines in Jan, Feb, and Mar 2021

Virtual Conference

Genomics of Brain Disorders <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PG2CN-1/c.aspx>

14-16 Apr 2021

Abstract deadline: 18 Feb

Virtual Conference

Personal Genomes <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFUT2-1/c.aspx>

28-30 Apr 2021

Abstract deadline: 02 Mar

Virtual Laboratory Course

RNA Transcriptomics <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PG0WY-1/c.aspx>

21-25 Jun 2021

Apply by 04 Mar

Virtual Computational Course

Systems Biology: From Large Datasets to Biological Insight <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PG10V-1/c.aspx>

21-25 Jun 2021

Apply by 04 Mar

Virtual Conference

Applied Bioinformatics and Public Health Microbiology <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFTFS-1/c.aspx>

05-07 May 2021

Abstract deadline: 09 Mar

Virtual Conference

Curating the Clinical Genome <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFUT3-1/c.aspx>

12-14 May 2021

Abstract deadline: 16 Mar

Virtual Discussion Course

Practical Aspects of Small Molecule Drug Discovery:
At the Interface of Biology, Chemistry and Pharmacology <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PG12O-1/c.aspx>

21-25 Jun 2021

Apply by: 18 Mar

Virtual Conference
                                          Vesicle Trafficking & Pathways to Neurodegeneration <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFUT4-1/c.aspx>

17-19 May 2021
Abstract deadline: 23 Mar

Virtual Computational Course

Genetic Analysis of Mendelian and Complex Disorders <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PG1DE-1/c.aspx>

12-16 Jul 2021

Apply by 25 Mar

Benefits of Attending a Virtual Conference

Accessibility:
Grow your scientific knowledge-base from the comfort of your home, lab or office.

Sustainability:
Paperless delegate pack & reduced travel limit environmental impact.

Balance:
Combine learning with other responsibilities, thanks to compressed hours & delegate access to recordings for 4 weeks afterwards.

Affordability:
Low registration fees with no incidental costs.  Special rates for students & those from low & middle income countries.

Engagement:
Participate in Q&A sessions with international presenters, chairs & peers through the conference portal and Slack and other networking channels.

Interaction:
Use designated conference channels to connect with a diverse group of delegates.  Find your dream job, form a novel collaboration - where will it lead?

Join our brand new Instagram channel!

Gain exclusive insight into how Advanced Courses and Scientific Conferences work, with a focus on our well-established Overseas Courses Programme. You'll find behind the scenes photos, impact stories from participants, event updates, and more. Follow us on Instagram! <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFP07-1/c.aspx>

 <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFP08-1/c.aspx>
 <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFP08-1/c.aspx>
 <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFP08-1/c.aspx>
 <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFP08-1/c.aspx>

Latest Online Courses

 <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PG1ZZ-1/c.aspx>
Bacterial Genomes: Disease Outbreaks and Antimicrobial Resistance <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PG200-1/c.aspx>

01 January - 31 December 2021

Explore the genomes of bacteria and the use of genome sequencing to track harmful disease and AMR.

 <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PG25K-1/c.aspx>
What is Genetics Counselling? <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PG25K-1/c.aspx>

25 January 2021 - 19 April 2021

Learn about genetic counselling and how to become a genetic counsellor with this online course for healthcare professionals.

Latest YouTube Videos

 <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFZ4Z-1/c.aspx>
 <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFZ4Z-1/c.aspx>
Julia Bailey-Serres - At the root of cellular responses to water extremes in rice <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFZ50-1/c.aspx>

Keynote lecture by Julia Bailey-Serres (University of California, Riverside, USA) at Plant Genomes in a Changing Environment 2020 (virtual conference) organised by Wellcome Genome Campus Advanced Courses and Scientific Conferences.

 <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFZ51-1/c.aspx>
 <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFZ51-1/c.aspx>
Charles Mackay - Diet, the gut microbiome and western diseases <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFZ7A-1/c.aspx>

Keynote lecture by Charles Mackay (Monash University, Australia) at Exploring Human Host-Microbiome Interactions in Health and Disease 2020 (Virtual Conference) organised by Wellcome Genome Campus Advanced Courses and Scientific Conferences

Latest news

 <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PG1L2-1/c.aspx>

We're exhibiting at Festival of Genomics and Biodata 2021! (#FoG2021)

From 28-29 January, we'll be attending this year's virtual Festival of Genomics and Biodata festival. Come and visit our virtual booth, to find out more about our virtual courses, conferences and online courses for 2021. Simply search for Wellcome Genome Campus Connecting Science in the exhibitor area. You can also enter our prize draw for the chance to win a virtual conference registration.

Events in 2021

Please note:

We hope to resume our face-to-face courses and conferences in 2021. However, should the status of the pandemic not allow us to do this safely, the format of some events may change to virtual. Please check individual event pages for details.

Practical Aspects of Small Molecule Drug Discovery: At the Interface of Biology, Chemistry and Pharmacology <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFP0W-1/c.aspx>
Discussion Course | 21-25 June 2021

Summer School in Bioinformatics <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PGWO3-1/c.aspx>
Computational Course |
28 June - 02 July 2021

Nursing, Genomics and Healthcare <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PG2HY-1/c.aspx>
Conference | 07-09 July 2021

Proteomics Bioinformatics <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFP0Z-1/c.aspx>
Computational Course | 12-16 July 2021

Public Engagement Masterclass
Discussion Course | 12-14 July 2021
Sign up for email updates <mailto:scientificconferences at wellcomegenomecampus.org?subject=Please%20keep%20me%20updated%20on%20Public%20Engagement%20Masterclass%202021> <mailto:scientificconferences at wellcomegenomecampus.org?subject=Please%20keep%20me%20updated%20on%20Public%20Engagement%20Masterclass%202021>

Single Cell Technologies and Analysis <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFP11-1/c.aspx>
Lab Course | 23-30 July 2021

Science Policy: Improving the Uptake of Research into UK
Discussion Course | 23-25 August 2021
Sign up for email updates <mailto:scientificconferences at wellcomegenomecampus.org?subject=Please%20keep%20me%20updated%20on%20Science%20Policy%3A%20Improving%20the%20Uptake%20of%20Research%20into%20UK%202021>

CRISPR and Beyond: Perturbations at Scale to Understand Genomes
Conference | 01-03 September 2021
Sign up for email updates <mailto:scientificconferences at wellcomegenomecampus.org?subject=Please%20keep%20me%20updated%20on%20CRISPR%20and%20Beyond%3A%20Perturbations%20at%20Scale%20to%20Understand%20Genomes%202021>

Healthy Ageing <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PG2J3-1/c.aspx>
Conference | 08-10 September 2021

Virus Genomics and Evolution <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PG2JW-1/c.aspx>
Conference | 15-17 September 2021

Antimicrobial Resistance in Bacterial Pathogens (Nairobi, Kenya) <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFP14-1/c.aspx>
Overseas Course | 26 September - 01 October 2021

Genetic Analysis of Population-based Association Studies
Computational Course |
20-24 September 2021
Sign up for email updates <mailto:advancedcourses at wellcomegenomecampus.org?subject=Please%20keep%20me%20updated%20on%20Genetic%20Analysis%20of%20Population-based%20Association%20Studies%202021>

Bioinformatics for Immunologists
Discussion Course | 27 September - 01 October 2021
Sign up for email updates <mailto:scientificconferences at wellcomegenomecampus.org?subject=Keep%20me%20updated%20on%20Bioinformatics%20for%20Immunologists%202021> <mailto:scientificconferences at wellcomegenomecampus.org?subject=Keep%20me%20updated%20on%20Bioinformatics%20for%20Immunologists%202021>

Microbiome Interactions in  <mailto:scientificconferences at wellcomegenomecampus.org?subject=Please%20keep%20me%20updated%20on%20Microbiome%20Interactions%20in%20%20Health%20and%20Disease%202021>
Health and Disease <mailto:scientificconferences at wellcomegenomecampus.org?subject=Please%20keep%20me%20updated%20on%20Microbiome%20Interactions%20in%20%20Health%20and%20Disease%202021> <mailto:scientificconferences at wellcomegenomecampus.org?subject=Please%20keep%20me%20updated%20on%20Microbiome%20Interactions%20in%20%20Health%20and%20Disease%202021>
Conference | 13-15 October 2021
Sign up for email updates <mailto:scientificconferences at wellcomegenomecampus.org?subject=Please%20keep%20me%20updated%20on%20Microbiome%20Interactions%20in%20Health%20and%20Disease%202021>

Plant Genomes in a Changing Environment <mailto:scientificconferences at wellcomegenomecampus.org?subject=Please%20keep%20me%20updated%20on%20Plant%20Genomes%20in%20a%20Changing%20Environment%202021>
Conference | 18-20 October 2021
Sign up for email updates <mailto:scientificconferences at wellcomegenomecampus.org?subject=Please%20keep%20me%20updated%20on%20Plant%20Genomes%20in%20a%20Changing%20Environment%202021>

World Congress on Genetic Counselling
Conference | 27-29 October 2021
Sign up for email updates <mailto:scientificconferences at wellcomegenomecampus.org?subject=Please%20keep%20me%20updated%20on%20World%20Congress%20on%20Genetic%20Counselling%202021> <mailto:scientificconferences at wellcomegenomecampus.org?subject=Please%20keep%20me%20updated%20on%20World%20Congress%20on%20Genetic%20Counselling%202021> <mailto:scientificconferences at wellcomegenomecampus.org?subject=Please%20keep%20me%20updated%20on%20World%20Congress%20on%20Genetic%20Counselling%202021>

Malaria Experimental Genetics <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PGWRD-1/c.aspx>
Overseas Course | 31 October - 05 November 2021

Human Evolution – From Fossils to Ancient and Modern Genomes
Conference | 02-04 November 2021
Sign up for email updates <mailto:scientificconferences at wellcomegenomecampus.org?subject=Please%20keep%20me%20updated%20on%20Human%20Evolution%20%E2%80%93%20From%20Fossils%20to%20Ancient%20and%20Modern%20Genomes%202021> <mailto:scientificconferences at wellcomegenomecampus.org?subject=Please%20keep%20me%20updated%20on%20Human%20Evolution%20%E2%80%93%20From%20Fossils%20to%20Ancient%20and%20Modern%20Genomes%202021>

Practical Aspects of Drug Discovery: At the Interface of Biology, Chemistry and Pharmacology (Montevideo, Uruguay) <https://dmtrk.net/2SUU-1421R-UWSF2-PFP15-1/c.aspx>
Overseas Course | 28 November - 03 December 2021

Mitochondrial Medicine
Conference | 30 November - 02 December 2021
Sign up for email updates <mailto:scientificconferences at wellcomegenomecampus.org?subject=Please%20keep%20me%20updated%20on%20Mitochondrial%20Medicine%202021>

Image credits:

Longitudinal Studies: Longitudinal Studies Word Cloud, Nici Schatlowski (2020)

Genomics of Rare Disease: DNA molecules, vitstudio (Shutterstock)

Ancient Biomolecules of Plants, Animals, and Microbes: CAVE PAINTINGS , ROCK PAINTINGS , bisons painted on a rock , bisons painted on a cave, horses painted on a rock, horses ,hands ,buffalos painted on a cave and on a rock

Immunogenomics of Disease: Accelerating to Patient Benefit: Claudia González Arévalo

SEM Aspergillus mould producing spores (conidia), David Gregory and Debbie Marshall, Wellcome Images

Wellcome Genome Campus Advanced Courses and Scientific Conferences
Wellcome Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SA, UK

Genome Research Limited, a charity registered in England with number 1021457 and a company registered in England with number 2742969, whose registered office is 215 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE.