[All] REGISTRATION is now open for the Bioinformatics Education Summit 2022, 9-11 May 2022

Piraveen Gopalasingam piv at ebi.ac.uk
Tue May 3 10:15:12 BST 2022

Dear friends,

Please see email below from Patricia Carvajal about next week's
Bioinformatics Education Summit. We hope you will register.

Best wishes

Piv

--

*Hello!*

*

For those who I have not met before, allow me to introduce myself. My
name is Patricia Carvajal-López and I’m a Scientific Training Officer at
the EMBL-EBI; with some of you I’ve been in contact with in the past,
nice to contact you once more!!

We are getting in touch with you to invite you to the *2022
Bioinformatics Education Summit*, which is an online working meeting to
develop guides, papers and documents for promoting and improving
Education and Training in Bioinformatics worldwide. The participation is
free and open to all people working in the area of Bioinformatics
teaching and education or who have a clear interest in contributing to it.

APBioNET <https://www.apbionet.org/>would be main-organising the 2022
Education Summit. Education experts from all over the world, mainly
focusing on bioinformatics, would gather virtually for 3 days to work on
issues pertaining to bioinformatics education/training. If you are keen
to join this working group, please register for this 3-days summit. Do
note that this is NOT A CONFERENCE, BUT A WORKING GROUP, where you are
expected to actively participate in discussion and writing.

The EDUCATION SUMMITwill be held from the 9h-11thMay, 2022(3 days), and
we are strongly encouraging you to register for this event. Once again,
this is not a Research or Scientific Conference or Congress, but rather
a Working Meeting where we expect the participants to contributewith
their experience and their active participation. The participation is
freeand opento all people working in the area of Bioinformatics teaching
and education or who have a clear interest in contributing to it.

Therefore, we are writing on behalf of the Organising Committee(Main
organiser APBioNet with contributions from CABANA
<https://cabana.network/>, ELIXIR <https://elixir-europe.org/>, GOBLET
<https://www.mygoblet.org/>, H3ABioNet <https://www.h3abionet.org/>and
ISCB <https://www.iscb.org/>) to invite you to REGISTERfor this event
via this Google
form:<https://forms.gle/xiHwetkPhrtpxgZ76>https://forms.gle/6N7j61YdhjeBhyPQ7
<https://forms.gle/6N7j61YdhjeBhyPQ7>

In the REGISTRATION FORM <https://forms.gle/6N7j61YdhjeBhyPQ7>you can
indicate the topicsyou would like to contribute to or participate in.
Two topics will be run in parallel each day. The themes for the three
days are as follows:

Day 1 (May 9): Trainer guidance and resources/portal

Day 1 (May 9): Competencies and related docs/guidelines

Day 2 (May 10): Training in Low to Middle Income Countries

Day 2 (May 10): ISCB endorsement

Day 3 (May 11): Virtual to Hybrid model - the new normal

Day 3 (May 11): Train the Trainer

Colleagues from all over the world are joining the event. Thus, the
event will take place following two different time zones. We will
kickstart on 9 May, starting with participants in the
Australia/Asia/Europe/Africa timezone, as the day progresses delegates
from the Americas will be joining. This same dynamic will be followed on
Day 2 and Day 3 of the summit. This is the link to our current schedule:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SUNy38fs8DvkjoOL5Ja6ZcB3iXLeKojQTR9YKYHmg9k/edit?usp=sharing
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SUNy38fs8DvkjoOL5Ja6ZcB3iXLeKojQTR9YKYHmg9k/edit?usp=sharing>

We also need to know which is your TIME ZONE so we can accommodate the
activities for the participation of people from many different
countries. There will be a joint session for both Time Zones on each
day. In all Time Zones the meeting will take 4 hours each day with a
30min break:

Time Zone 1- ASIA/AUSTRALIA/EUROPE/AFRICA = Time zone 1 (UTC+8) - Kuala
Lumpur, Singapore, Beijing

Time Zone 2- AMERICAS = Time zone 2 (UTC-4) - New York

We look forward to you joining us in this working meeting. If you know
of someone who is actively working in Bioinformatics teaching and
education or who has a clear interest in contributing to it, please
forward this invitation to them.

If you have previously received this email and you have filled out this
form, please dismiss this communication. Do not hesitate to contact us
if you have any questions.

Please note that this year the Latinamerican Forum on Bioinformatics
Educationwill not be held within the Bioinformatics Education Summit,
instead it will take place in November at the ISCB-Latin America SoIBio
BioNetMX Conference on Bioinformatics 2022
<https://www.iscb.org/la2022>(more information to follow after the summit).

Best regards,

Pati on behalf of the Organising committee

*
--
Patricia Carvajal-López
Scientific Training Officer, European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI)

--
Dr. Piv Gopalasingam AFHEA, BSc(Hons)
Scientific Training Officer